Re: [linux-audio-user] Help wanted for RTS game

From: Joseph M. Gaffney <cucullin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 19 2006 - 03:38:41 EET

On Saturday 18 November 2006 20:29, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> I'm curious, I couldn't find information on licensing on the page,
> repeatedly they say free, but I am curious whether they mean free as in
> open-source, or free as in beer.
>
> Seablade

Good catch - this changes my opinion on things.

Member of programming team Ykkrosh:

"0 A.D. is (according to the current plans) going to be 'free' as in no cost,
but not all 'Free' as in freedom (or even as in open source) (though some
components are likely to be) - so it can't be called 'free software', and
would probably not be accepted by GNU people."

So free as in beer then.

-Joseph M. Gaffney