Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Presonus Firepod + Linux = ? ? ? (Peter Finnegan)

From: Peter Finnegan <petespin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 20 2006 - 20:26:48 EET

I ran FC5 planetCCRMA over the summer and it worked great. There isn't
a lot of tweaking that you have to do. All you need to do is compile
the latest jack, libfreebob, and qjackctl from source to get the firepod
working. Make sure that you use the planetccrma-core kernel, rather
than the planetccrma-core-edge kernel (full preeemption will lock up
your machine with freebob).

I have had good experience with MIDI and freebob. It's simple, fire up
jack with freebob, and plug in your midiman into the inputs and your
ready to go. I use the connects on qjackctl to connect everything.

The only system tweaking I had to do was to get my wireless working and
the 915resolution patch to get proper screen resolution on my laptop.

PF