Re: [linux-audio-user] linux sapler bombs when adjusting note lengths in rosegarden

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 20:45:02 EET

On Monday 20 Nov 2006 16:32, Tim Howard wrote:
> Almost every time I start to trigger notes in the matrix editor in
> Rosegarden (latest stable version) with the output routed to
> LinuxSampler, the LS engine has a seg fault. I have no idea which
> program is at fault, though.

Both of them are.

This happens because a bug in RG causes it to send a NOTE OFF event with
a pitch that's valid in an ALSA sequencer event but outside the MIDI
range, and a bug in LS causes it to crash when it receives it.

This has been fixed in both programs' version control trees. There
won't be a release of Rosegarden with the fix in it for a little while
yet, but there was a new unstable release of LinuxSampler just this
weekend which I would guess has the fix (I haven't checked). You only
need a fixed version of either one of the programs to avoid the crash.

Chris