[linux-audio-user] [ANN] jack_oscrolloscope 0.2

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 02:18:07 EET

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 16:36, Jesse Chappell wrote:
> Yes, the key to fast (efficient) scrolling is to use a pixel copying
> routine (glCopyPixels is the GL equivalent) then draw only the new
> data. The copying routines are hardware accelerated by the display
> driver.

Unfortunately, it turned out that SDL drawing on X11 is not hardware
accelerated at all (which is a shame really), so there's not much I can
do about that.
As for GL, glCopyPixels seems to be very slow with most common drivers...

Anyway here's version 0.2, using a textured quad for GL drawing, if
possible. For now, this requires a fairly recent driver which supports
the framebuffer objects extension, otherwise it will fall back to the old
drawing method.

http://das.nasophon.de/jack_oscrolloscope/

    Dominic