[linux-audio-user] hdsploader / changing soundcards

From: Georg Holzmann <georg.holzmann@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 29 2006 - 15:30:30 EET

Hallo!

When I don't have plugged in my RME at bootup, I have sometimes the
problem, that hdsploader is not able to upload the firmware onto the device:

holzi@email-addr-hidden:~$ hdsploader
hdsploader - firmware loader for RME Hammerfall DSP cards
Looking for HDSP + Multiface or Digiface cards :
Card 0 : RME Hammerfall DSP at 0x34000000, irq 9
Upload firmware for card hw:0
Hwdep ioctl error on card hw:0 : Input/output error.
Card 1 : Intel 82801DB-ICH4 Modem at 0x2400, irq 9

I searched a little bit and found this tip from Esben:
http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2006/05/0436.html - which also works for
me ...

So my question, is there also a way to get hdsploader working without
plugging out/in the card ? (and without a reboot)

Thanks,
LG
Georg