Re: [linux-audio-user] Software suitable for children

From: <michael@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 09 2006 - 21:55:57 EET

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006, Brad Fuller wrote:

> carmen wrote:
>> On Sat Dec 09, 2006 at 11:21:40AM +0100, Bengt Gördén wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > One of my colleges asked me about Linux audio software suitable for
>> > children. I must admit that I never thought of that. Although I have
>> > children of my own. My children play with our small studio and if theres
>> > a problem I'm there anyway. But my college needs software that is more
>> > geared towards ease of use and in his case towards children (not that
>> > fluent in English) in the age of 6-7 years. So if you have any
>> > suggestion it would be appreciated.
>>
>> git clone git://dev.laptop.org/projects/tamtam
>
> Tamtam is a good one to look at and the OLPC is a good reference.
> Here's the OLPC Wiki link:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Tamtam
>
> and the repo:
> http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=projects/tamtam;a=tree

I'm very interested in this topic as well, both for children and adults with a
children's level of understanding (me). Tamtam seems wonderful, but as near as
I could tell, it's still under development. Does anyone know if it, or a similar
program, exists now?

I couldn't understand the reference to "git". Is "git" the parent of tamtam? I
could find no reference to git on the web or rather, I found countless
references to the word "git" that had nothing to do with music :-)

Thanks,
ichael