Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Attracting more Linux audio developers

From: Hannu Savolainen <hannu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 15:00:19 EET

Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> So the long run solution to the free audio problem is to persuade
> everyone in our society to provide whatever he or her does for free and
> find ways to make it accessible to everyone who wants it, and to make
> the same efforts today's marketers do to communicate to people why they
> should want it.

Why don't you start by persuading yourself to provide whatever you do
for free, etc? It's easy to insist that others should do free work for
you. But are you ready to do full time hard work for free for the others?

> The mid term solution is to learn to attract money to the point where
> linux audio software can be developed full time.

Brilliant idea. Someone else should pay to somebody else so that you can
get Linux audio software for free. What about paying for the software
yourself?

About the original subject: IMHO the only way to attract more Linux
audio developers is paying for the software. Money is the reason why 90%
of people do any work. Practically all professional audio software
developers do they work for Win/Mac because the _paying_ customers use
them. Linux audio software is being developed by amateurs because there
is no market for professional developers.

Best regards,

Hannu