Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Attracting more Linux audio developers

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 19:29:58 EET

Hannu Savolainen wrote:

> About the original subject: IMHO the only way to attract more Linux
> audio developers is paying for the software. Money is the reason why 90%
> of people do any work. Practically all professional audio software
> developers do they work for Win/Mac because the _paying_ customers use
> them. Linux audio software is being developed by amateurs because there
> is no market for professional developers.

By amatuers, do you mean unpaid?

This is the second time in the past couple of months you have referred
to the wider Linux Audio Developers community as amatuers. I'm wondering
if it is an ESL thing or if you truly believe that we are all amatuers?

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com