Re: [linux-audio-user] Thesis: Playing and making music

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 13 2006 - 01:56:22 EET

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 06:33, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Rob hat gesagt: // Rob wrote:
> > No doubt sooner or later, to prove me wrong, there'll be a
> > performance artist whose art consists of sitting on a sofa
> > playing Doom 6 or whatever.
>
> Rather sooner that later, actually it was in 2003:
> http://selectparks.net/archive/q3apd.htm

Well, that's generating sound from Quake, and I don't see that as
really being that different than the "dot matrix printer
symphony" and various other kinds of "found music". I'm talking
about a performance artist whose art actually consists entirely
of sitting on a sofa playing GTA: Dead Horse Town or whatever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_art

Rob