Re: [linux-audio-user] nice piano

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 09:45:55 EET

White Grand and Rain Piano (both from http://www.sampletekk.com/
are both very nice.. WG for more pop/rock/jazz piano, RP for the
sound of that almost-in-tune piano you might find in a pub!!).
Also "The Emperor" from Post pianos http://www.postpiano.com/ has
a lovely sound, but the gig files are corrupted and missing some
notes at some velocities (at least on LS!).. I emailed post about
this but have never received a satisfactory reply. That being
said, Michiel seems a very nice guy and is generally quite
helpful.

LS will work with proper 32 bit samples now. It used to read 32
bit but play them back at 16 bit. The new license that Mark
refers to is a modification of the GPL fobidding the use of the
code in commercial hardware or software projects without the
consent of the authors. This is what they say on the FAQ:

>Can I use LinuxSampler for commercial music production?
>
>Hell, yes! Every indirect commercial usage of LinuxSampler, which
>essentially means using its audio output, can of course be used
>in commercial applications like music productions, live shows,
>etc. Don't get us wrong, with the mentioned commercial exception
>we don't want to restrict the normal user / musician, we just
>want to avoid somebody to directly make money with our work, that
>is by selling our software in a sampler product like a sampler +
>sample library bundle, a hardware sampler or something
>equivalent, at least not without giving something back to the
>open source Community.

James