Re: [linux-audio-user] Forcing formatting with Lilypond

From: Peter Finnegan <petespin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 23:30:20 EET

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 10:32 -0800, iain duncan wrote:
> I have a couple of questions re lilypond before trying it out if anyone
> can help me.
>
> - Can I force formatting and spacing such that there will *always* be 4
> or 8 measures per print line?
I believe so. Here is the point in the manual that explains horizontal
spacing.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Horizontal-spacing#Horizontal-spacing

> - Can one change the type setting and format of the English chord
> symbols? ( ie how one notates say C7+9 etc )

Yes

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Printing-chord-names#Printing-chord-names

The manual is very well written. Here is a link to the main
documentation. I have a copy in pdf that I have open most of the time I
am typesetting music.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/

If you are using an earlier version:
http://lilypond.org/web/documentation

> - Is it fairly easy to integrate lilypond with databases?
 Unfortunately, I have no experience doing this.
> Thanks
> Iain

Best Wishes,

Peter