[linux-audio-user] SE electronics USB2200a microphone, success report

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 16:05:26 EET

Hi

I just bought a SE electronics USB2200a microphone (a 2200a with
build-in usb sound card) and was pleasantly surprised to find that it
was instantly recognized and working out of the box with linux.

I understand that USB sound cards are not the best to go real low in
latency, but with heavy load (13 parts in zyn, +10 tracks in ardour w fx
+ specimen + seq24) I was able to go to 23ms which is the same as the
onboard on my laptop. With lighter loads it works well with lower latencies.

Thought someone might be interested in this successful report...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte