[linux-audio-user] 64 studio

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 21 2006 - 01:18:40 EET

Hello,

I recently gave 64 Studio a try and I am really impressed. It flys on my
AMD Turion Laptop and everything is more snappy than under 32bit Ubuntu
without Realtime Kernel. But I have some questions:

- with the internal crappy soundcard I can go as low as 2.67ms, it
really feels like my Hardware instruments. But with the expensive
Hammerfall PCMCIA Card I cant get lower then 5.33 without getting xruns,
even without instruments. I expected it would be the other way round so
where should I look for optimizations?

- formerly I gained some performance by switching to a light
Windowmanager like Blackbox. Now I cant read any differences when I
measure the load with top, whether I use Gnome or Blackbox. Its a bit
strange in my opinion or did I miss a memo?

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner