Re: [linux-audio-user] The BIG picture

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 24 2006 - 07:30:02 EET

Paul Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 21:37 -0500, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

>>> Get a good book on doing this stuff with Pro Tools - the vast majority
>>> of the material will be relevant to Ardour.
>> I can't speak for either of these programs, but I have not found this
>> true with other proprietary-free program combinations. The majority
>> of professionals still use Mac, and expensive software.
>
> curiously, the first of these claims is not true in the broadcast
> market, where for some reasons windows seems to have come to dominate.

Isn't that because of the networking requirements in a radio/TV studio?

BTW the original poster can check out the quicktoots for a big picture
of how to set up a system. I believe we cover everything he has asked
for there. If not a report beck here might spur someone to contribute
the missing part...

http://quicktoots.linuxaudio.org

Cheers.

--