[linux-audio-user] Realtime kernel - what's the current status?

From: Peter Clarke <pgclarke@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 27 2006 - 02:31:48 EET

What's the current status of the realtime-enabled kernel?
Up till now I've been using the patched 2.6.16-rt26 on an
i686. I just re-synced my Gentoo packages list and found
that the latest standard kernel is 2.6.19-r2. I'm using
rezound and muse with JACK. Do I still need to use a
patched kernel - or has the necessary realtime capability
found its way into the mainstream kernel? If so, I guess I
would still need the realtime module. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Peter C