Re: [linux-audio-user] music made with linux

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 30 2006 - 22:49:14 EET

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 18:53:21 +0100
Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden> écrivait:

> Hi and merry Christmas + happy new year to all!

May the next year be good to you !

(And all of LAU participants for that matter !)

> This is a song I wrote last week and recorded using muse, specimen,
> zyn and ardour. It's the first song I did with my new SE usb2200a usb
> microphone.

The mood setting and development is quite nice and that's the strong
point. The voice is also quite good but could be a bit more expressive
in some details.

On the other hand, I've found that the bass (bassest ?) noise used as
percussion is a bit unsetting. When it is used in the percussion break
it is nice, but unless it represents something that has to do with the
meaning/lyrics, it kind of stands out and does not blend enough with
the other percussive counterparts of same 'noise' and them all with the
piece. IMHO, of course.

It is not sung in English, isn't it ? Do you have a translation of the
words ?

Cheers,
Al