Re: [linux-audio-user] ladspa reverb

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 14:23:23 EET

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 01:10:55PM +0200, Sampo Savolainen wrote:

> How about the simply named "Stereo Reverb" by Fons Adriaensen, available at
> http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/ladspa/index.html (see section
> rev-plugins)?

This was one of my first attempts, and I'm currently not very happy
with the result (but it could still be useful). It will be replaced
some time by two new ones based on the reverb used in Aeolus.

That one was specifically designed as a 'large hall' or church reverb.
It has much more controls that the ones visible in Aeolus. I also have
this as a separate JACK application (which is my preferred way of using
it in Ardour), but the source code is not in a state fit for release :-).

Also the Aella convolution reverb announced at LAC2006 is still in
development and awaiting some free time to be finished. While Aella
was originally designed to use real measured impulse responses, it
will include a mode in wich you can 'design' a synthetic reverb that
doesn't need to be natural at all, e.g. a 'gated' or 'reverse' reverb.
Things in this area will start moving again in a few months when I'm
settled a bit in Italy.

--
FA
Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.