Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: Recommendations for Headphones and Mic

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 15:55:04 EET

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 14:35 +0100, Mathias Friman wrote:
> [...]

It doesn't _need_ it, it works without it. It just shows up as a stereo
device in alsamixer instead of mono which is a bit annoying, and you may
need to tweak the gain of both channels to get optimal (mono) output. I
haven't experimented with it since my computer sounds too much like a
leafblower for me to worry about whether the dynamic range is 83 or 96
dB.

I really don't know anything about ALSA driver coding, but if someone
could get Samson to provide the optimal formula for combining the two
gain controls into one it shouldn't be too hard to hack the USB driver
to do that.

--
Lars Luthman - please encrypt any email sent to me if possible
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x04C77E2E