Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: Help on Headphone-Amp

From: Paul Coccoli <pcoccoli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 05 2007 - 18:33:38 EET

On 1/4/07, Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since there are people with some knowledge on this list I want to take
> advantage of that.
>
> I am currently looking for a headphone-amp for the current (and
> future) CD-recording. Since my wife already authorized buying a
> presonus firepod, I am looking for an amp with (at least) 4 separate
> channels (as in 4 in, 4 out).
> On the net I found the "Terratec Sine HP 48" and the "SM Pro Audio
> HP6" to have the features I want while being in the financial league I
> am speaking of.
> I know Behringer's Powerplay is _the_ standard, but the
> 8-channel-device seems to much channels and (more importently) to
> costs while the smaller 4-channel-device doesn't allow the routing I
> want.
>
> Can anyone help me with the above decision or point me to other alternatives?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Arnold
>
> --
> visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
> ---
> Wenn man mit Raubkopien Bands wie Brosis oder Britney Spears wirklich
> verhindern könnte, würde ich mir noch heute einen Stapel Brenner und
> einen Sack Rohlinge kaufen.

Have you considered using a line selector + headphone amp? Like the
Coleman Audio LS3 or Niles AXP-1. Both of those have RCA
(unbalanced) connectors, but would the trick. The Hosa SLW-333 has
TRS balanced, 3 in, 1 out.

I've read good things about the Presonus HP4 (I think that's the
name), but it's only 1 in, 1 out (stereo).

Hosa SLW-333 + Presonus HP4 = $200US, street.