Re: [linux-audio-user] absynth sound?

From: Carlos Pino <pinojazz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 11 2007 - 01:05:43 EET

James Stone escribio':
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 09:18:12PM +0100, Carlos Pino wrote:
>
>> James Stone escribio':
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I was just wondering if it is possible to emulate the sound of
>>> absynth under Linux, maybe with a pd module or an om patch?? I
>>> remember from back in the day when I used Windows (maybe 4 years
>>> ago now..), it had a really unique sound. I haven't really heard
>>> anything like it in Linux, and I am not really sure how it
>>> worked.. I know it would be possible to run the vst with libfst,
>>> but I would really prefer something native (excuse the pun!!)
>>>
>>> Impossible??
>>>
>>> James
>>>

>> Have you hear Zynadsubfx
>>

> I have.. but perhaps I am not good enough at making patches..
> Could you point me to some good examples?
>
> James

Sorry , I don't know absynth , and I'm not good also , I usually play
the banks that comes with it. There are some others presets made by
other people at gentoo pro-audio overlay , here are the files:

http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/files/

Here some others:
http://atte.dk/sounds/new_collection.tgz

If you want to hear the sounds I did with it :

http://telefonica.net/web2/pinojazz/after_the_pain.ogg
http://www.telefonica.net/web2/pinojazz/open_horizon.ogg

Hope this helps.

Saludos.