Re: GP2X as a RealTime Audio generating device (was Re: [linux-audio-user] status of ams)

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 12 2007 - 00:41:28 EET

Jay Vaughan wrote:

> Indeed, there is plenty of oomph in the GP2X for generating live audio
> .. its a softsynths paradise, even ..

Ok, I'm currently running csound live on a P4 mobile 1.6GHz. Let's call
this soft synth index 100. What would you estimate the index of GP2X to
be? Just a serious, guess, I'm not gonna come after you if your wrong :-)

Secondly, would there be any problems (if so which and could they be
solved) in getting 1) csound, 2) ams and 3) zynadsubfx running on these
things?

atte@email-addr-hidden:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 6
model : 9
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1600MHz
stepping : 5
cpu MHz : 1600.000
cache size : 1024 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm pbe est tm2
bogomips : 3190.61

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte