Re: [linux-audio-user] DeMuDi status? Distribution for gig synth?

From: Larry Troxler <lt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 14 2007 - 22:11:54 EET

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Larry Troxler hat gesagt: // Larry Troxler wrote:
>

> Another approach here might be Ubuntu, which is largely preconfigured.
> However I'm not a big Ubuntu fan and I just went through the not
> completely painfree task of converting my Ubuntu laptop to a real
> Debian laptop again by cross-upgrading.
>
> Ciao

Well since Ubuntu is designed to be friendly for the casual user
familiar with Microsoft's OS, I assume it must have the type of
graphical configuration front ends that RedHat and Suse, for example have.

And what I like about DeMuDi is that it doesn't have these front ends.
You just directly edit the /etc files. That's good I think for something
I'm going to put in a black box synth.

So that I guess is the reason I didn't consider Ubuntu.

Larry Troxler