[linux-audio-user] Re: lists.linuxaudio.org migration complete, time to consolidate LAD/LAU/LAA?

From: Marc-Olivier Barre <mobarre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 15 2007 - 18:50:14 EET

> Greetings all,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the consortium lists have been migrated from
> the agnula domain and are fully functioning. They can be accessed via
> lists.linuxaudio.org. This important migration will greatly simplify further
> consolidation of online resources.
>
> Given that there was some discussion about this before which has elicited
> positive feedback, in an effort to consolidate online resources please
> consider this an open call to LAU/LAD/LAA maintainer(s) to consider
> migrating lists to the lists.linuxaudio.org. Provided that there is still
> interest for such a move, the consortium will provide you with necessary
> help to make migration as seamless as possible. Furthermore, linuxaudio.org
> in conjunction with Virginia Tech will provide:
>
> 1) virtually unlimited bandwidth
> 2) generous disk space
> 3) the necessary access to maintainers
> 4) the assurance that no institutional, logistical, and/or any other kind of
> control will be exerted over the mailing lists, respective maintainers and
> subscribers
>
> The list of current online resources hosted by linuxaudio.org can be found
> at portal.linuxaudio.org.
>
> I sincerely hope that the community will support this important milestone
> towards consolidation of Linux audio online resources.
>
> Should you happen to have any additional questions and/or concerns, please
> do not hesitate to contact me.
>
> Best wishes,

I do not have any objections to this, and I am willing to continue the
administration tasks on these new servers if the migration is voted by
the other members.

Also, I would like to discuss with you (ico) some setup specifics I
would like to see implemented, mostly about automatic spam filtering,
which is a huge problem on LAA. I know you guys don't see it, but
believe me... ;-)
Marc-Olivier Barre,
Markinoko.