Re: [linux-audio-user] linuxsampler CVS

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 17 2007 - 22:10:59 EET

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 13:34 +0000, BJaY wrote:
> Hi,
> I just tried to open my projects under fc6 / ccrma as an experiment. I'm
> using a stock kernel but I understand that this has rt capabilities.

Not a lot actually...

> linux
> sampler crashes as soon is I try to play a note (linuxsampler - 0.4.0,
> qsampler 0.1.3). I tried to build from CVS but when I do it complains I
> don't have libgig 3.1.0 - when I do and I have installed the latest version
> of libgig via CVS aswell. Is anyone having and success with the latest ccrma
> package ?

It is actually dying on my as well, sigh. For building stuff you need to
install the rpm -dev packages, for example "yum install libgig-dev".
Take particular care of _where_ you install things if you build from
source. Most source packages install using /usr/local as the default
prefix, while rpm packages are normally installed in /usr. So you could
end up with two different or similar versions of the same library and
other packages could end up confused about which to use.

-- Fernando