[linux-audio-user] Re: Please help me tune Jack (with Freebob, improving on the ASork distribution)

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 20 2007 - 00:09:32 EET

Carlo Capocasa wrote:
>> Have you tuned your irq setup?
>>
>> Read my little page on the subject
>>
>> http://tapas.affenbande.org/wordpress/?page_id=40
>
> Thanks Florian, very helpful. Apparently, my ohci1394 device is sharing
> interrupts with my internal sound card, my internal modem's sound
> device, my Ethernet card, my USB stick, and an unidentified device. I
> just asked on the Freebob list how to make ohci1394 use a dedicated
> interrupt (or share it with an unused device like ide2 in my case),
> maybe you can help as well?
>
> Carlo

OK checking with Klaus from the Freebob list, apparently there is no way
to switch interrupts. Bummer. But I guess if I'd disconnect the hardware
sharing it (eth0, USB devices) and raise the priority of IRQ 10 I ought
to get spectactular performance even on the hardware I have.

The catch is, I found no process for the individual IRQs, only something
I Googled to find to be a 'software IRQ daemon'. You wouldn't happen to
know how to set the scheduling priority for these?

Thanks Florian

Carlo