Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: libzzub 0.2.1 (Aldrin related)

From: Leonard Ritter <contact@email-addr-hidden-ritter.com>
Date: Fri Jan 26 2007 - 01:20:59 EET

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 23:43 +0100, mik wrote:
> i have an azerty keyboard. can that easily be added (by myself)?
> and now waiting for people to code more machines...

in share/aldrin/config.py, there is a dict named "KEYMAPS".

the key of this dictionary is the language code associated with the
keyboard (i assume french/belgian/canadian?). the value is a series of
keyboard characters associated with each note, in the order C, C#, D, E#
and so on. two octaves are listed, separated by a vertical slash ("|").
from the other examples you should be able to deduce how to add a new
configuration.

to make that configuration selectable, see share/aldrin/preferences.py.
there is a dialog class named "KeyboardPanel", containing another
KEYMAPS list, associating the dict codes with readable names.

please let me know whether you get any more trouble.

--
Leonard Ritter
-- Freelance Art & Logic