Re: [linux-audio-user] Which distribution? (Used to be DeMuDi)

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 16:43:43 EET

Hallo,
Asbjørn Sæbø hat gesagt: // Asbjørn Sæbø wrote:

> DeMuDi, the distribution which I used to use, seems to have little
> activity. Is is maintained in such a way that it is sensible to go with
> it again? And if not so, what other suggestions do you have for a
> distribution for audio work? (Studio64 is out of the question, as I
> have no 64-bit hardware.) Simple low-latency setup is appreciated, as
> is something Debian-based and quite up-to-date.

64 Studio also does a 32bit version:
http://www.64studio.com/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Most of the work done on Demudi has flown back to Debian.

"Choose Debian, it's the system that's here to stay!"

The only thing missing is a low latency kernel, but you could use the
i386 one from 64 Studio:
http://archive.64studio.com/pool/main/l/linux-2.6/

Or just do as I do and recompile the stock 2.6 kernel with premption
enabled. Stock kernels nowadays have very good latency already.

Ciao