[linux-audio-user] Less braindead player than xmms ?

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 12 2007 - 01:57:58 EET

Not to mention xmms incompatibility with Beryl-like windowing/desktop
stuff.

Now, after playing a CD with xmms I want to play some tunes from the
har drive. So I open the m3u file and after that xmms redoes all the
connections to jack, bypassing the jamin connections I made. And xmms
makes a lot of connections to the default alsa_pcm device )in this case
supporting a M-Audio 1010LT). So I have to unconnect all of them and
then connect xmms again to jamin.

Is there a jack compatible ogg/mp3 player out there that does not do
that ? Better yet, is there a xine jack plugin ?

Cheers,
Al