Re: [linux-audio-user] Music: Sample

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 15:00:32 EET

Thorsten Wilms wrote:

>I've been thinking there have to be pieces with the same concept, but I don't know any.

"A Door And A Sigh" is a famous example. Some of Paul Lansky's pieces
work with similar transformations of the voice, ditto for some of
Charles Dodge's works.

I have a long-ish piece called "The Theory & Practice" which is built
entirely from transformations of spoken words done with Csound and Cool
Edit (yes, it's an old piece). More recently I've been experimenting
with ImproSculpt and spoken word, it's fantastic tool for slicing &
dicing input files and streams.

Best,

dp