Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: FUD or not? what is your opinion?

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 23:24:39 EET

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 14:03, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> And if Gnome died today, wouldn't something
> come along to take its place (if indeed the need was there)?

I'm not even sure what "dying" means in this case. Perl is
basically dead as far as new development goes (the next version
has been in theoretical la-la land for what, 10 years now? I
wouldn't be surprised to see "Duke Nukem Forever" get released
before Perl 6) but it seems to me the only thing causing its use
to decline is newer, trendier languages like Java and PHP. I'm
sure the same will be true of desktop environments.

Rob