[linux-audio-user] Audio Dropouts

From: Gary Nored <gnored@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 26 2007 - 01:29:57 EET

I have a problem burning standard audio CDs. On Ubuntu (Dapper Drake),
using K3b I am able to burn all variety of disks (wavs, mp3s, etc) but
when I create a standard audio CD I get dropouts. They do not sound like
a disconnect, but rather more like a controlled fade, followed
immediately by a fade to full volume. The whole dropout usually lasts
1/4 sec or so, though occasionally a dropout is not restored for the
remainder of the track. The format of the source material is irrelevant.
(PS. The drive was taken from an XP box where it creates audio CDs
perfectly.)

I've looked about for answers, but have never heard this symptom
described elsewhere.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Gary