Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: JOST, a simple host for native VST

From: Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 15:31:05 EET

Michael Bohle <opendaw@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Yes I hope in ten years LV2 for Linux is something like VST was in 2000.
> But with opensource ideals we can't make a single note on a computer -
> creating music did not need ideologys. The freedom is to have the choice to
> use closed VST plugins on Linux.
>
> When i was started on linux, i thought "this is an open platform with creative
> developers" now i start to realise that some devs using linux as a weapon
> against the windmills named closed source.
>
> If audiolinux shall reach the musicans, VST must be integrated. Otherwise
> audiolinux will always be a niche for some geeks like me.

Request Steinberg to make Linux version on Cubase, Nuendo, etc. They
don't care I suppose. Why should "some devs" care about stimulating
propriatary software then? To slow libre software development? You call
it weapon against the windmills, I call it freedom of choice. But that
freedom is restricted by proprietary software.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>