Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: JOST, a simple host for native VST

From: Michael Bohle <opendaw@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 16:23:40 EET

Am Montag, 26. Februar 2007 14:18 schrieb Michael Bohle:
> Hi there,
>
> The italian DJ and Developer Lucio Asnaghi has made a first preview of
> simple host for native VST on Linux. Native VST for Linux was founded first
> by Jorgen Aase /EnergyXT2, but the communication is problematic (also other
> devs reported that Jorgen didn't anwer to any mail), so Lucio decided to
> make an own host, based on the framework JUCE , because he porting a lot of
> VST Synths to Linux. (he also made a great port from ZynAdd Windows VST
> back to Linux VST)

Please read the website and the comments from Lucio, he made an article about
this discussion and he pleased me not to make an ANN in this list about his
apps anymore.

See http://www.anticore.org/jucetice/index.php?entry=entry070226-191811

I see cleary, there are the an old linuxaudio community, like represented
with this list. The old community believes that there is the evil closed
source and that open source heal all wounds and make an ideologic overhead
about this.

The new community, often active musicians, have no problems to get in touch
with "the evil" - The new community is pragmaticly use this what works for
the musicans. And they want Linux, not because of the FSF, more because this
can be an alternative for Windows.

So keep on good work,
CU @ the LAC2007 in Berlin for more discussion

M.