Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: JOST, a simple host for native VST

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 16:29:52 EET

Michael Bohle wrote:

>Please read the website and the comments from Lucio, he made an article about
>this discussion and he pleased me not to make an ANN in this list about his
>apps anymore.
>
>See http://www.anticore.org/jucetice/index.php?entry=entry070226-191811

Well, that is a remarkably short-sighted response. And it is hardly an
"article" about this discussion.

OTOH I don't demand that Lucio or any other developer explain himself.

>I see clearly...

Forgive me, but no, you do not, any more than Lucio does. You've reduced
a complicated state of affairs to an "us vs. them" scenario. Are you
reading my responses ? Do you understand that there is a considerable
middle ground between the polarities of open and closed source ?

There are other developers of Linux audio software who are not active on
LAD or LAU. Interestingly their user-communities are also cut off from
these lists, i.e. there's no communication with the larger world of
Linux audio development. I do not consider that a "good thing", but
again it's a matter of choices, and if those users are happy with the
situation, then more power to them.

Best,

dp