Re: [linux-audio-user] composing with trackers

From: Adam Sampson <ats@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 15:47:46 EET

Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> I have no idea if anyone's ever used a tracker to create a hit song,

There was at least one group that had a hit back in the mid-90s using
Protracker on a couple of Amigas -- I remember an interview with them
in one of the UK Amiga magazines. (A quick web search suggests it
might have been Dex & Jonesey, who were better known later for
remixing other peoples' songs -- if anyone's got the February 1998 CU
Amiga sitting around they can confirm whether that's the article I'm
thinking of...)

--
Adam Sampson <ats@email-addr-hidden>                         <http://offog.org/>