Re: [linux-audio-user] composing with trackers

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 23:25:34 EET

On Wednesday 28 February 2007 07:55, Dave Phillips wrote:
> I have no idea if anyone's ever used a tracker to create a hit
> song, but it is unfortunate that trackers are usually
> associated with a particular style of music. I have heard some

I've done some prog rock type stuff in Buzz, which I hope to pick
up again soon in Aldrin. The last thing I did with it back in
2002 didn't have any meter or tempo changes, and I made the
mistake of "mastering" it with ear buds so it's super muddy.
But in spite of its name, it's really not a dance song:

http://www.kudla.org/mymusic/dancetest.mp3

Not all loop-based music has to be something you need to be
tripping out on Tina to appreciate. I don't think I could use
trackers for all my music, but they really provide a lot of
inspiration for some songs. If nothing else, I think I could
use a tracker for any kind of music for which I'd consider using
a drum machine.

Rob