Re: [linux-audio-user] poll regarding ASUS A8N motherboards

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 00:21:38 EET

On 3/1/07, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Is there a good AMD64 motherboard which can be recommended?

Sounds like they all use cheap capacitors. I would consider another vendor.

I found this recent LKML announcement interesting:

"The GIGABYTE M57SLI-S4 [1] is the first-ever desktop motherboard
supported by a Free & Open Source BIOS, thanks to AMD engineer Yinghai
Lu who released GPL-licensed code last month. This state-of-the-art
motherboard is based on the NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI chipset and AMD's
latest Socket AM2. It contains tons of advanced features such as:"

( etc - see LKML archive for details )

Lee