Re: [linux-audio-user] List of prefered apps...

From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 22:51:10 EET

Lee Revell wrote:
> On 3/1/07, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> > 4. How many people *don't* have at least a DVD read only drive that
>> > you can boot from?
>>
>> a DVD-reader is about the equivalent of 3-4 beers in a pub if you buy it
>> 2ndhand
>
> But lots of machines don't have space to install one in the chassis
> and lots of machines can't boot from an external USB or Firewire
> drive. I am not sure how big the intersection of these is...
>
> Lee

Aye!

To clarify why I asked...

squashfs is no longer limited to 2gb(?) LiveCDs can now be made larger
than 700mb, hence requiring the use of a DVD (ergo LiveDVD I guess)

If you dont have a DVD reader..then its a bit hard to boot from said
LiveDVD.

THANKS for all responses so far. This REALLY helps to get consensus of
the most commonly required apps and not create unnecessary clutter!

Regards
Russell