Re: [linux-audio-user] Logo for the Linux Sound & MIDI Software Wiki

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 02 2007 - 22:58:54 EET

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 09:52:42PM +0000, Chris Cannam wrote:

> The top of the a appears to extend too far to the left, when it doesn't
> have the complimentary x of linux sitting on its left.

Hmm, yes, tweaked.

> The s is just weird -- the lower loop looks much squarer than the upper
> one. I'm guessing that they have the same curves but the lower loop
> has a longer straight section between the curves. And the centre bar
> of the s looks thinner than the top or bottom.

A new s.

Thanks Chris, that's the level I was hoping for!
Which is not to say I don't appreciate simply positive comments,
thanks to all who repllied ;)

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 06:47:38PM +0000, Burkhard Ritter wrote:

> I like the overall approach of the logo and particularly the shading of
> the second version. It bears no visual reference to audio or sound but
> this is just fine, I guess.

I had it on my scribbles but then forgot it for a while ... now a
waveform in the background.

> My main concern is the linuxaudio.org-writing, as it is not in the box
> and thus doesn't seem to belong to the logo. Perhabs making it smaller
> and putting it directly next to the box would help?

It's meant to be secondary, the emphasis is on 'app'. At the side would
make the whole thing very wide.

> Or, alternatively,
> putting it into the header of the box. But then, the problem with making
> it smaller probably is that you can't read it properly when the logo is
> scaled down. What about omitting it altogether?

I think putting it into the window would make it look crowded.

Here we go again:
http://thorwil.affenbande.org/index.php/2007/03/02/appslinuxaudioorg-03/

--
Thorsten Wilms