[linux-audio-user] intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2

From: <ljc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 21:37:52 EET

hello list,

i intend to buy a new laptop, and i'm undecided between two models of
hp: dv6255us and dv6275us.

both are very similar, but the 6275 has two pros: bigger L2 cache and
128Mb of dedicated video ram. but it has a intel core 2 duo, and my
initial intention was buying an amd turion 64x2.

any ideas how the core 2 duo compares to the turion 64x2? any
experiences using these laptops with linux? the 6275 seems to be a bit
better, but as i said, i was intending to go for the amd. should i go
back to intel after all these years?

here are the details of both models:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=32673075
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_techspecs_full.php/masterid=32665203

thanks for any comments that would help me make up my mind, i'd like
to decide this matter soon and i really don't know what to do.

best,

lj