Re: [linux-audio-user] intel core 2 duo and amd turion 64x2

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 06:50:47 EET

Frank wrote:
> david wrote:
>> carmen wrote:
>>
>>> if Apple is selling a notebook for $1099 and HP is selling the same
>>> thing for $599, i'd get the HP - call me crazy
>>
>> HP is NOT selling the same quality as Apple. You get what you pay for.
>>

> If you're in the habit of occasionally challenging your preconceptions
> do this little experiment: Visit Dell, just for convenience - or pick
> another if you wish, and configure a laptop with the same features and
> specs as a MacBook Pro - ignore the elegance of the OS and its heart of
> BSD...even ignore the simplicity and speed with which it runs multiple
> GNU/Linux distros in nothing more difficult or risky than a simple file
> constituting a Parallels Desktop VM, and get back to us with either a
> verification of your comparison factor or a new-found appreciation for
> the value of opinions based upon verifiable facts.

My opinion of HP/Compaq is based on my verifiable experience with them.
Not a preconception.

My experience with Dell - having spent 11 years on a corporate Help Desk
during the time the corporation switched from IBM Thinkpads to Dell
laptops - is also based on facts. The number of hardware problems
reported to the help desk for Dell laptops was five times higher than we
had reported for the IBM laptops. Even OLD Thinkpads had fewer problem
reports than NEW Dell laptops.

That may have changed since IBM is no longer the quality determiner for
their old brand.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden