Re: [linux-audio-user] apps.linuxaudio.org test updated

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 10 2007 - 10:32:56 EET

On Fri, Mar 09, 2007 at 11:39:34PM +0100, Robin Gareus wrote:

> the white ("Getting Started" header) seems balanced white, but the
> bg ("Newbie Introduction") has a blue shade compared to it (clearly
> visible in the brighter pixels they're not grayish - best viewed at a
> distance. I've tried three screens now - but all geeks like the touch of
> blue :) IMO it takes away too much warmth that the rest of the design is
> building up nicely.

The whole thing is a play with warm and cold. That gray might be not
completely neutral, but the final impression has much to do with
the surrounding. Didn't want to have it redish or greenish :)

> >> Personally I favor a more minimalistic approach. (IMO this media-wiki
> >> look and feel is somewhat bloated) - if you excuse Flash for a minute:
> >> http://www.sandberg.nl is IMHO a great webdesign!
> >
> > I don't know if that is great webdesign ... didn't have the patience
> > for it to load ...
>
> funny it's a really small site, actually from the prev. millenium!

Looks like it was more a case of clogged tubes. Small hard to read
text is a must for Flash sites, it seems.

> What about the 2-d matrix front-face then? it might fit the block style
> in away or the other?

The background can't be an argument for a layout.
Are you keen to mess around with tables? And then we have accessibility
problems. But actually, I don't want to get involved at this level of
organisation.

--
Thorsten Wilms
Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: