Re: [linux-audio-user] Legalities

From: Brad Fuller <brad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 11 2007 - 04:55:44 EET

Bob van der Poel wrote:

> Anyone know much about the legalities of posting music recorded by
> oneself, but written by someone else? I put up a few recordings on my
> web site, mostly as a demo of MMA ... but I got to wondering the other
> day if some nice lawyer is going to be knocking on my door? I'm not too
> worried since I do live in Canada, and the server is <somewhere in
> Europe>. But, still ... one has to wonder.

is this for a demo of your work as a performance artist? Are you asking
for any money?

What agreement do you have with the composer? Who has the various rights
to the work (publisher, mechanical,etc.)

If you have no agreement, the best thing to do is to find out your
rights as a performance artist (if you are) and also contact the various
copyright holders. The composer just might make an agreement with you so
that you can post the work and both of you can benefit.

--
brad fuller
  http://www.Sonaural.com/