Re: [linux-audio-user] My new mouse done ate my alsa sound

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 02:23:29 EET

Rob wrote:
> On Sunday 11 March 2007 07:37, Jan Depner wrote:
>> I'll never understand why we
>> ignore the PS2 port in favor of USB for simple stuff like mice
>> and keyboards.
>
> I'm with you, but the PS2 port was supposed to be part of
> computing history by 2000. People are finally starting to build
> PC's without floppy drives, so the PS2 ports may be the next to
> go....

My problem with using PS2 on my laptop is there's only ONE PS2 port - so
my choice was keyboard or mouse.

So I have a little PS2-USB gadget that lets me hook a PS2 mouse and a
PS2 keyboard (my favorite clicky old IBM AT keyboard!) and run them into
one USB port. It works fine and doesn't interfere with sound, but I have
no USB sound devices yet.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden