Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Re: Legalities

From: Chris McCormick <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 04:36:43 EET

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 10:08:53AM -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> If I can rant for a moment, I get quite annoyed by the whole *music
> business* which seems to screw artists, reward mediocrity, and promote
> business models which evolved in a very different world. I'm just glad
> (very glad) that I've been able to enjoy music as a passion over my life
> and never needed it as income.
>
> For now I'll just leave my songs up on my site. If I get a C&D I'll take
> them down. No big deal to me either way. And, if I am technically
> breaking a copyright, I'll sleep well knowing that I'm not hurting
> anyone's income :)

Another way to combat the tide of irrational copyright attitudes is to
create your own original content/songs/whatever and then release them
under a license that frees people of the restrictions. If each one of
us does this it will slowly change things. The Creative Commons licenses
seem to be popping up in more and more places every day, for example.

Chris.

chris@email-addr-hidden
http://mccormick.cx