Re: [linux-audio-user] To MacBook or not to MacBook, that's the question

From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 21:31:02 EET

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 11:27:31AM +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> On Friday 16 March 2007 16:14, Lee Revell wrote:
> > On 3/16/07, Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > > I'm curious though why both of you rather have the almost twice as
> > > expensive pro version?
> > > To me it just seems bulky...
> >
> > The non-Pro Macbook feels very underpowered to me.
>
> I suppose you refer to graphics ? Otherwise I think they are very similar.

Under OS X, MacBook graphics feels good enough for general work.
Blender runs decently. I would imagine that Shake would work decently.
I guess FCP and After Effects would probably suffer. We already know
that Motion suffers a lot. I'd rather deal with Intel 950 graphics than
Radeon X1xx0 or Nvidia on a laptop. My idea laptop for linux would be
dual core 64bit, and use Mobility Radeon x300, but nobody seems to use
that for the newer CPUs.

When Nouveau is usable, things might change.