Re: [linux-audio-user] To MacBook or not to MacBook, that's the question

From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 17 2007 - 21:36:25 EET

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 12:31:04PM +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> maybe, but my Inspiron 8200 now works flawlessly for almost 5 years.
> I've seen other I8ks with hardware trouble, but this was no prob thanks
> to the Dell on-site service. And its 1400x1050 pixel display offered
> much more value as I bought it than the 1024x768 of the competitors.

At work we have a Inspiron 8100 with a 1600x1200 display. The display
is lovely. The biggest problem with it is that it can't take more than
512 megs of ram. At this point the trackpad is a bit flaky, but I think
that wouldn't be expensive to replace. Someone made the batter
disappear as well, which is irritating (and work won't buy a new one).