Re: [linux-audio-user] Extracting/Ripping tracks from DVD-Audio discs

From: D. Sen <dsen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 20 2007 - 07:35:59 EET

So, it turns out that tcextract extracts the 5.1 channel AC3 file (when
used with -a 0). If I use -a [1/2/3/etc], I get a 0 size file.

When I use tcdecode on the AC3 file, it downmixes to two channels and
produces a stereo file. However, I can use the -s [c,f,r] to weight
mixing of the centre, front and rear to extract 3 different stereo
files....(running tcdecode 3 different times with 3 different weights of
[1,0,0], [0,1,0] and [0,0,1].

Its something I can use for now.

It would be nice to be able to extract the DTS channels - tcdecode does
not decode DTS.

Thanks for your help,