Re: [linux-audio-user] (OT) Affordable Networked Attached Storage?

From: Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 24 2007 - 12:47:55 EET

>Thanks everyone, for your helpful replies. I'm definitely considering
>getting an NSLU2 in the near future. Does anyone know what RAID options are
>available - I hope that the OpenSLUG firmware would let me run a software
>mirror across a couple of USB drives? I think that's all I can hope for.
>I'll go try to look it up.

Hm, nothing wrong with Linksys other than it being a Cisco company and if
you are going to be going for opensource and all that then why not take a
look at FreeNAS on sourceforge? USB boot any linux box with disks to serve
and away you go - just about every access mechanism with raid 0, 1 or 5
(although its software raid so you would be advised to go with 1 or 10).

Nick.

http://search.msn.com/