Re: [linux-audio-user] ripping flash audio

From: Louis Acresti <lra4691@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 04:36:07 EEST

if you use an actionscript decompiler such as Flare
(http://www.nowrap.de/flare.html) to take apart the actionscript. you
can usually find the URL to the media if you look through it
carefully. This only really applies to .swf files that load external
media files, such as YouTube .swfs, so im not sure it will work for
homestarrunner.

alternatively, you could probably dump the audio output of your sound
card while playing the swf. im not exactly sure how to do this with
regular alsa utilities though :-/

the last resort would be to use a windows machine and a demo of one of
those SWF->FLA decompilers; they usually rip all of the media from
them into a folder or something like that.